Having a good immune system can help you avoid contracting many illnesses and common colds, or at least make them last for shorter amounts of time. You don’t have to do anything unnatural to boost your immune system and make it work harder to protect you from your environment.
Here are ten all-natural ways to protect and boost your immune system:
1. Improve Your Gut Flora. Adding probiotics to your diet in the form of yogurt or fermented food can help your gut work better. The better your digestion, the healthier you’ll be. The gut flora is very important for proper digestion of all nutrients.
2. Eat Mushrooms and Garlic. Both of these foods offer antibiotic properties that can help improve your immunity against disease. Try to add them to most every meal in some form. Try cooking up a bunch to have ready to top on everything from toast to salad.
3. Eat More Cruciferous Veggies. Boost your liver function by eating more cruciferous vegetables which will help cleanse your liver so that it can work better to remove toxins. The cruciferous veggie group includes broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, collard greens, kale, bok choy and watercress, just to name a few. The best way to eat cruciferous vegetables is to lightly steam them.
4. Drink Plenty of Water. Food cannot digest, and your body cannot work properly without being fully hydrated. Unfortunately, most of us walk around partially dehydrated because we have learned to turn off our thirst. Drink at least 64 ounces of filtered water a day.
5. Support Your Adrenal Cortex. Eat healthy fats, foods high in antioxidants and amino acids such as found in avocados to improve adrenal function. This aids in helping your adrenal glands continue to provide the right hormones to your body for a healthy immune system.
6. Add a Juice a Day. Get a juicer and drink one vegetable and fruit juice serving each day. You’ll need all the nutrients and calories for energy without stressing your digestive system.
7. Get Enough Sleep. Most people need between eight and ten hours of sleep each night. The only way to know for sure how much sleep you need is to experiment with bedtimes. Ideally, you should be able to go to bed and fall asleep quickly, and then wake up without the assistance of an alarm at the time you need.
8. Exercise Daily. Even a twenty minute walk each day can boost your immunity. Moving and breathing deeply will help you not only become healthier but feel healthier too. Sedentary jobs can literally kill you. If you have one, find excuses to get up and walk around.
9. Get Fresh Air and Sunshine. Finding a way to breathe in fresh air and get plenty of sunshine each day is important. Sunshine gives you important vitamin D, and the fresh air will clear your lungs and help you relax.
10. Avoid Toxins. Stop smoking, drink alcohol in moderation, and try to use as few prescription drugs as possible. The more toxins you can avoid putting into your body, the healthier you’ll become.
By following these tips every day you’ll boost your immunity and feel better too. Nature always provides a way for you to be at your best if you just know how. You don’t need to ingest chemicals, or do anything unnatural to improve your immune system.